The Boothbay Region YMCA's Heritage Association is group of truly exceptional and thoughtful donors who recognize the importance of ensuring that the YMCA is strong for future generations. Each member of the Heritage Club has either made a direct contribution to the YMCA's board designated fund or has included our Y in his or her estate plan.
In a world that changes so rapidly, the Y has been at the heart of this community for generations. The Y is a reliable, professionally managed organization guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Led by local volunteers, the Y is in touch with our community’s changing needs. A healthy Y capable of making a significant impact in the community is a gift we have received from prior generations. It is a gift we should pass along, in a stronger position, to future generations.
If you have included Boothbay Region YMCA in your plans, please let us know so we can personally thank you.
Common Planned Gift Vehicles:
- Bequests through a Will or Living Trust
- Life Insurance beneficiary
- IRA or Retirement Plan beneficiary
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Pooled Income Fund
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Reserved Life Estate
(The YMCA recommends that donors seek the advice of their legal and/or financial advisors when deciding upon a planned gift.)
IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
On December 18, 2015, the federal law that allows you to make a tax-free gift to us from your IRA was reinstated. Known as the IRA charitable rollover, this law has been reinstated for all of 2015 and will remain in effect for 2016 and beyond.
How It Works:
- If you are 70½ or older, you can give up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to charities such as the Boothbay Region YMCA.
- The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you still benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions.
- If you have not taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
- The transfer may be made in addition to any other charitable giving you have planned.
- The gift needs to be made by Dec. 31, 2017, if you want your gift to qualify this year.
The Boothbay Region YMCA provides programs and services that meet the needs of youth, families, individuals, and seniors in our community. We are committed to ensuring that the YMCA is accessible to all, regardless of their financial means.
Lisa Van Dyk
Director of Development
207-633-2855 ext. 291